RPZ FAQs: Testing

What is meant by a competent RPZ tester?

The commissioning and compliance testing of RPZ valves should only be undertaken by someone who is competent.

To be considered as competent by the local water undertaker, unless recognised on a site specific basis, a RPZ tester must have a recognised qualification in RPZ valve commissioning and/or compliance testing from a recognised training provider. They should be a member of a recognised RPZ tester approved contractor scheme and must be able to demonstrate their test equipment is suitably calibrated and also have appropriate liability insurance.



To improve this information please give us your feedback >
Your Feedback


Uncontrolled if downloaded. This is informative, non-statutory guidance and intended for general guidance purposes only; it is subject to change.

Compliance with this information should not be relied upon as guaranteeing no enforcement action will be taken by water undertakers. Water Regs UK accepts no liability for loss, indirect or consequential loss arising from or in connection with this guidance document.