RPZ FAQs: Testing
What is the minimum information required in a test report?
The minimum information required in a test report will be set out in a local water undertakers
paperwork. This will include but not be limited to the following.
Information about the tester:
- tester’s name
- tester’s contact details including address, telephone number and email address
- tester’s signature (water undertakers may accept electronic signatures)
- tester’s scheme name and membership number
Information about premises at which the RPZ valve is located:
Information about the installation including:
- the location of the RPZ valve on site
- a description of the water system which the RPZ valve forms part of including details of the type of equipment downstream of the RPZ valve.
- confirmation that consent to install has been granted
- confirmation that RPZ valve is installed in accordance with the conditions of consent
- date of installation/commissioning
- date of last test
Details relating to the RPZ valve including:
Details relating to the testing including:
- test due date
- date of test
- test results, including in the case of a test failure details of any observations made and action taken.
- reason for test
Information about the test equipment used including:
- the make of test kit o test kit serial number
- calibration certificate
- confirmation of its suitability for system being tested (e.g. hot water)
For further details contact the local water undertaker.