Notification: FAQs

How do you notify in England & Wales

Many water undertakers have their own notification forms and dedicated contact information which can be found on the water undertaker’s website and here. It is important to use the local water undertakers form especially when submitting electronically.

If the local water undertaker does not provide a form, for a notification to be valid it must include as a minimum:

  • The name and address of the person giving notice and, if different, the name and address of the person to whom the consent should be sent.
  • A description of the proposed work or material change of use.
  • The location of the premises and their use or intended use.
  • If using an approved contractor their name
  • Except for the items highlighted below a plan of those parts of the premises which relate to the proposed work and a diagram showing the pipework and fittings to be installed.



To improve this information please give us your feedback >

Due to your Privacy Preferences, you'll need to enable reCaptcha cookies before completing this form.


Uncontrolled if downloaded. This is informative, non-statutory guidance and intended for general guidance purposes only; it is subject to change.

Compliance with this information should not be relied upon as guaranteeing no enforcement action will be taken by water undertakers. Water Regs UK accepts no liability for loss, indirect or consequential loss arising from or in connection with this guidance document.

We use cookies to give you the best possible experience with Water Regs UK. Some are essential to provide website functions and ensure the website is secure. We also use cookies to help us understand how people use the site and to make improvements. Click "Accept All" to enable recommended settings or click "Manage cookies" to adjust your settings. For more details, see our Cookie Policy.