A. These Regulations and Byelaws apply in all types of premises supplied, or to be supplied with water from a water undertaker (the legal term for a specific type of water supplier).

They apply from the point where water enters the property’s underground pipe (usually at the stop tap at the property boundary), to where the water is used in plumbing systems, water fittings and water-using appliances.

However they do not apply in premises which have no provision of water from the public mains supply, not even a back-up supply, and rely solely on a private borehole or well supply.

We use cookies to give you the best possible experience with Water Regs UK. Some are essential to provide website functions and ensure the website is secure. We also use cookies to help us understand how people use the site and to make improvements. Click "Accept All" to enable recommended settings or click "Manage cookies" to adjust your settings. For more details, see our Cookie Policy.